PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
As the weather warms, make these blueberry waffle ice cream sandwiches for a special brunch or dessert.
I don’t remember the last time I was THIS excited about a recipe I created. Mother’s day is coming up and this is the ultimate breakfast in bed thing the kids can even help make! It’s decadent, delicious and there is bacon. Plus I lined the waffles with Bonne Maman Wild Blueberry Preserves so when you take a bite you get these little pockets of blueberry goodness.
I am going to show you how to make these waffle ice cream sandwiches. Notice that I made Belgium waffles which are the really thick ones but you can also use regular waffles, it just depends what type of waffle maker that you have.
First you need to go to the store and pick up some Bonne Maman preserves.
Then you need to get the waffle batter together and griddle them. Then get your Bonne Maman Wild Blueberry preserves and spread a layer of goodness on one side of the waffle, making sure to the preserves in all the holes. Next get a scoop of vanilla ice cream and scoop one scoop on top of each waffle. Then the fun comes in! Dipping their edges in chocolate and rolling them in nuts and bacon.
In honor of Mother’s Day, Bonne Maman is giving away some awesome prizes, including a complete Le Creuset cookware set! Click the image below to enter.
For another recipe idea, check out these strawberry muffins.
Click here for the written recipe.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs cooking oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup of blueberries (optional)
- Bonne Maman Wild Blueberry Preserves
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Milk Chocolate
- White Chocolate
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Put all those ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Turn on your waffle maker and get ready to cook some delicious waffles.
- Make sure and spray your waffle maker with lots of non stick cooking spray so none of your waffles stick.
- Then let them completely cool. I put mine on a baking sheet and on top of a silicone baking sheet so they would not stick. Since I made Belgian waffles, I had to double this recipe to make the amount of waffles I needed.
- Next cut the waffles in half so they make triangles.
- Next get a scoop of vanilla ice cream and scoop one scoop on top of each waffle
- Once you have spread out the preserves and ice cream, sandwich two pieces of waffle together then put in the freezer to let the ice cream harden.
- What you want to do next is melt some chocolate and put it on a plate, along with a plate for cooked and crumbled up bacon and some crushed nuts of your choice. I chose walnuts
- Dip one end of the waffles in chocolate then add bacon or walnuts. I also just added some maple syrup to some waffles. I also use milk and white chocolate. The possibilities are endless!
- Once you dip the waffles in chocolate serve immediately or put in the freezer just long enough to make the chocolate cool. If you leave it out to long without eating them, the chocolate will melt the ice cream. Serve and enjoy!