Black pudding is a blood sausage traditionally eaten for breakfast in Ireland.
By Jess Lacey
- 1x 400g tin of butter beans, drained
- 100g of black pudding, chopped into smallish cubes
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbs sultanas
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- Cider, white wine or sherry vinegar, to taste (lemon juice would work too)
- Olive oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat.
- Saute the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic for an extra 2 minutes.
- Toss in the beans, black pudding, and sultanas and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, toss in the pinenuts and herbs.
- Dress with a bit of vinegar to sharped according to your taste.
- Drizzle with a bit more olive oil if you like.
- Season and serve warm.