Made with a fruity red wine, this frozen sangria is perfect to make ahead of your next backyard BBQ. It’s a great way to keep you and your friends cool in the summer sun.
Black Box Wines recently added Black Box Red Sangria to their lineup and we are glad they did. The refreshing, fruit-froward boxed wine is great right from the container or served over ice with oranges and apples floating in the glass. To really make things refreshing this summer, they even came up with a recipe for a frozen sangria. It’s the perfect drink to make ahead of your next warm weather get-together.
Plus, Black Box Wines is such a good deal, with each box being about 40% less than the cost of comparable bottles of wines. We love to take a box with us when we go camping with friends. It’s easy packaging means we don’t have to pack a wine opener or worry about breaking glass out in nature. Not to mention, their lightweight packaging produces half the carbon footprint of creating glass bottles.
We’ve tried this recipe a few times and have even switched up the lemon juice for lime juice and blended in some frozen watermelon chunks as well. Get creative! It is such a fun recipe to play with.
- 2 cups Black Box Red Sangria
- ½ cup orange juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon or orange wheels, for garnish
- Pour sangria into an ice cube tray and freeze for at least 6 hours. It will never freeze completely because of the alcohol content - when it’s solid but feels a bit soft when you push it, it’s ready.
- Pop the ice cubes into a blender and pour in the orange juice. Blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. You may have to stop the blender and push the ingredients down several times. Serve immediately.
- If you want to make your Black Box Froz-angria ahead of time, freeze it right in the body of the blender, then use a spoon to loosen it up, add a splash of water, and re-blend until smooth when you’re ready to serve.
Black Box Wines come in a larger format, so feel free to make a bigger batch to serve a crowd.