To get the ultimate combo of creamy and tangy, this ice cream uses full fat, Greek yogurt. Let these popsicle sit at room temperature before enjoying for a soft-serve consistency.
By Simone Van Den Berg
A good ice cream can be eaten anytime, any place. Even when the rain is pouring down or when the birds are falling of the roof because it is so hot. And – as a bonus – these icecream are fairly healthy as well. If you’ve been following me for a while you might have noticed that I have a love for ice cream with yoghurt. A good fullfat Greek yoghurt is perfect or you can use soy yoghurt if you have a dairy intolerance.
- 350 gr Greek yoghurt
- 100 gr fresh strawberries
- 50 gr raspberries
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Mix the yoghurt and the honey together and blend well. Put the cleaned fruit into a bowl and mash with a fork. It's ok if you have some chunks left.
- Put the fruit mix into the yoghurt and just stir a few times. You don't want to overmix and have a completely pink mix, it should be marbled with pink.
- Scoop the mix into your forms of your choice, but make sure not to fill it all the way to the top as that will be too much. Half way is fine.
- Put the cups into the freezer.
- After an hour take them out of the freezer and stick the wooden stick into the center of the icecream. it should have firmed up enough to be able to hold the stick at this point.
- put back in the freezer for at least another three hours before eating.