Void of any added sugar if you so desire, this smoothie is rich and the perfect morning jolt without a sugar crash later.
By Sarah Khanna
- 400 grams of frozen sliced bananas
- 2½ heaped tablespoons of mixed nut (almond, hazelnut, cashew) butter
- 2 shots of espresso (Substitute: 1¼ tablespoons of espresso powder)
- 1½ cups of milk
- 7-10 ice cubes, depending on the size
- Honey to sweeten, optional (I did not use any so will be unable to give a measure.)
- Blend, espresso, bananas, milk, mixed nut butter and ice.