A favorite Italian summer ingredient, eggplant can be baked and served on its own or in a sandwich with fresh tomatoes and basil.
Summer eggplants are a triumph and favorite ingredient of Italian cuisine. Fried or baked, there are dozens the recipes that you can prepare while they are in season.
This is a very simple idea for a delicious side dish but is also an excellent solution for filling sandwiches. Baked and breaded, the eggplant is beautiful when served with bright tomatoes and fresh basil.
- 2 large organic eggplants
- Pinch of sea salt
- 100 g (3½ oz) brown rice flour
- 1 large egg
- 100 g (3½ oz) breadcrumbs
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Sliced the eggplant and put it to soak in water for 30 minutes. In three separate dishes, place the flour, breadcrumbs and eggs. Dried and passed each slice in the flour, then in the eggs and and, finally, in the crumb.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, sprinkle the surface with a little olive oil and arrange the eggplant.
- Bake at 180° C (350°F/Gas 4) for 25 minutes (30 for electric oven) or until golden.