The dough of these baked pumpkin doughnut holes is made with pumpkin puree and rolled in a sweetly spiced cinnamon sugar mix.
These Baked Pumpkin Donut Holes are full of pumpkin flavor and sweet spices, and rolled in cinnamon sugar! Homemade pumpkin donut holes are such a quick and easy fall dessert, as well as making the perfect breakfast or brunch!
While standing in line for cinnamon rolls (it’s an all day food fest), I overheard a little girl telling her mom how excited she was to get donuts, which sounded like a mighty fine idea to me. Like I said, it’s an all day food fest.
Well, alas, by the time I found where the donuts were, they had sold out.
As such, I have three donut recipes coming your way asap, beginning with these Baked Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Donut Holes. The other two? Click here for the Peanut Butter Donuts with Mocha Glaze and here for Buttermilk Pumpkin Donuts.
Donut holes are probably my favorite part of the donut. I’d love to say it’s because of their cute and dainty, but I’m pretty sure it’s mainly because the size to glaze ratio. Or, in the case of these, the size to cinnamon sugar ratio.
Every bite is packed with sweet cinnamon sugar, and when combined with the pumpkin flavor of the donuts, it downright out-of-this-world. They’re baked in a mini muffin tin, which gives them a bit of a donut hole shape. Then, they’re dipped in melted butter, rolled in cinnamon sugar, and consumed as fast as you can take them down.
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground all spice
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin well.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, all spice, and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the liquid ingredients. Stir until just combined. Add in pumpkin puree and melted butter, and mix until combined.
- Drop about 1 Tbsp of batter into each mini muffin cup.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the pumpkin donut holes ‘spring’ back when touched.
- Once the donuts have cooled, roll each donut hole in the melted butter, and then immediately roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.