You’ll love how easy these Baked Honey Mustard Wings are to make. Look no further for the perfect game day chicken appetizer.
I’m a HUGE fan of chicken wings if you haven’t noticed already. I mean we have these teriyaki chicken wings, peanut butter chicken wings (my fave!), and these mango habanero chicken wings… can’t stop, won’t stop! What’s better than gluten-free chicken wings? Nothing I tell ya!
I have a slight obsession with honey mustard so I’m surprised I haven’t shared these honey mustard baked chicken wings with you all sooner to be honest. As a kid, I literally HATED ketchup and still do, so ketchup companies.. you know whose inbox to leave alone now, okay? But mustard, especially honey mustard, was always my go-to. As a dip for fries, on cheeseburgers, on a brat… and now on these chicken wings!
Baked chicken wings are crazy easy to make and the skin always comes out perfectly crispy. They’re gluten-free (obviously) and baked in the oven rather than frying them in oil. Still, you get that nice really crunch with my baking method which I absolutely love! I tend to use chicken wing drummettes but feel free to use wings too! You may just need to adjust the baking time a little so the wings don’t dry out. Either way, you’ll have a perfect appetizer or snack!
- 1.5 lbs chicken wing drummettes (10 drummettes)
- 1 tbsp oil (olive, avocado, canola all work)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup stone ground mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Toss wings in oil and place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping half way through.
- In the meantime, make sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together stone ground mustard, honey, garic, apple cider vinegar, and a pinch of salt. Set aside until wings are ready.
- Once wings have finished cooking through in the oven, turn the oven to broil. Broil the wings for 5-7 minutes, watching carefully, until they are crispy.
- Remove from the oven, add wings to a large bowl and pour honey mustard sauce over the wings. Toss until wings are completed covered.
- Serve immediately.