This American-style omelette is baked to be like a frittata, but without a crust. Loaded with sweet peppers, ham and two kinds of cheese, it has come to be known as the Denver Omelette.
Oh the bazzilion ways to eat breakfast! This is one of my all time favorites. There is something about ham and eggs that just go so well. Since I had some leftover ham, I made this and some sliders for dinner. This is one of my go to breakfasts. This dish is perfect for Sunday brunch, a make ahead weekly breakfast or even dinner.
Loaded with veggies, cheddar and Swiss cheeses this is jam packed with flavor. It is completely low carb and gluten free.
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk, I used 2%
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground oregano
- 1½ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small diced yellow onion
- 1 scallion chopped
- 1 large bell pepper seeded and diced, any color will do
- 1 cup diced honey ham steak
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, oregano, salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Add the olive oil to a 10 inch cast iron or non-stick skillet and heat it over medium high heat.
- When the oil is hot add in the onion and bell peppers and season with salt and pepper.
- Let the onion and pepper mixture cook for about 5 minutes or until they have started to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the diced ham and cook for another minute.
- Top the ham and vegetables with the egg mixture then sprinkle on the shredded cheddar cheese and scallion.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes or until the omelet is set and the top is golden.