You don’t really need a recipe to make this tantalizing appetizer, you just needed someone to put the mouther-watering idea in your head.
By Rochelle Ramos
- 1 wedge brie cheese
- 6 very ripe figs
- a pinch or 2 of sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- flatbread crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350F (175F).
- Unwrap the brie and place it on an oven safe dish. This needs to be a dish that you want to serve in.
- Wash the figs thoroughly, cut them into quarters and remove any spots that are dark brown or just don't look right. Place the figs on the brie and around it. If they are soft, it's okay, that means they are ripe and the riper the better! If only the inside is good, scoop it out and put it directly on top of the brie.
- Sprinkle the sugar on top of everything. If you're using honey (lucky you!) drizzle it on top of everything.
- Put the dish into the oven and allow to bake 7-10 minutes or until the brie has just started to ooze all over the dish and the figs have caramelized just slightly on the outside.