A quick and complete meal – with no cooking!
By Shuchi Mittal
What could possibly go wrong with a combination of potatoes and meat? Nothing.
I was lazy about dinner and wanted to make something as easy as chop, combine and eat. This was it. Flavorful and warm, it got much applaud from the husband. Did I tell him how simple it was? Of course not! After all, the devil’s in the details – right?
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 2 chicken sausages cut into ¼ inch rounds
- ½ red pepper, diced into cubes
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ onion, diced lengthwise
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Par-boil the potatoes till they are nearly cooked but still firm-about 6min in the microwave with 2 cups of water.
- Cool and mix with all remaining ingredients, except the cheese, and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven to 400 def F. Transfer vegetables to a baking dish, top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot.