Let artichokes, fennel, radicchio, and walnuts of this Italian salad bring your world to life on a dark winter day.
The artichokes in this salad are a very rich source of potassium and phosphorus, and like the radicchio, also calcium and iron.
The Modena cream balsamic vinegar and walnuts are the key to a dish that, in my house, in winter, is very much in demand.
- 10 artichoke hearts
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 10 radicchio leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil,
- to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 20 walnuts
- 1 tbsp Modena cream
- balsamic vinegar
- Clean the artichokes, remove the heart and steam cook them for 30 minutes.
- Slice the fennel and cut the radicchio and wash both in cold water. Dry the vegetables with a clean cloth (or with a centrifuge salad spinner).
- Place the oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl and emulsify with a fork (or a small whisk).
- Roughly chop the walnuts.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix, adding another tablespoon of oil and vinegar to taste.