SPONSORED POST: Celebrating with Cavit Wines and refreshing summer recipes that pair perfectly with their Moscato. #21andup
A perfect summer date night meal, dig into this recipe for artichoke lemon chicken paired with a cool Moscato wine.
Despite being a red wine drinker about 75% of the time, summer just calls for something lighter. Something sweeter and cooler. Something that really helps you relax and enjoy time together.
This Moscato wine is light, sweet, and perfect for summer. I decided to do a take on a classic Chicken Piccata and add a bit more flavor and a bit more veggies to pair with the wine.
Cavit, “America’s favorite Italian wine” which is made in Northern Italy, is actually known for helping to popularize Pinot Grigio in the 1970s, and while the Pinot is their star, the whole collection is pretty great. For more information on their collection and where to find it, visit their Facebook and Website.
I’d also suggest throwing in a few frozen berries and a splash of your favorite liqueur for a quick and easy sangria.
- 2 chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded thin
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3 tbsp butter + 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 vegetable boullion cube
- 1 lemon, ½ juiced, ½ sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together the almond flour and cajun seasoning. Prepare the chicken by dredging in the egg wash and then dipping in the almond mixture. Heat the olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until an internal temp reaches 165 degrees F. Set aside.
- In the leftover oil (add a bit more if you need to), add the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Deglaze the pan with the white wine and add the boullion cube, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and lemon juice.
- Once the wine has reduced by half, add the butter and lemon. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot, with the vegetable mixture poured over the chicken. Pair with Cavit Moscato.