This is a perfect and healthy after-school snack to serve your kids after an intense day of school and play.
By Sherron Watson
I try to have healthy snacks ready for the kids because I know one thing after all these years, kids still come home hungry. They may not be playing horses in the fields but they skip out a bit early on lunches to meet up with friends in the halls or the foyers of most schools.
Author: Sherron Watson
Recipe Type: Side
- 1 red apple, sliced thinly
- 1 green apple, sliced thinly
- caramel sauce (recipe below)
- mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup of coconut oil, warmed
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon of real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Spread apples on a plate. Put caramel in a baggie to pipe on or use a spoon to drizzle sauce over apples. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Combine all of the above ingredients into a blender. Blend for 3 minutes until thick. Refrigerate leftovers.
Originally Published: June 28, 2013