If you haven’t already, it’s time to get in the summer spirit with amaro. The Italian liqueur adds the perfect bitter-sweet to your sips.
Barrel-aged for 12 months, we chose to feature the Amaro Donna Rosa in this cocktail. It’s infused with roots and herbs and brings notes of flowers, rhubarb, and warm vanilla, all perfect flavors for this drink.
Let’s cheers to summer with this sweet, sour, bitter and spritzy cocktail!
- 1 part Grapefruit Juice
- 1 part Honey or Simple Syrup (or more to taste)
- 1 part Vodka (we used a naturaylly infused grapefruit vodka, but plain to great too)
- ¾ part Amaro Donna Rosa
- a splash of Sparkling Rosé or Prosecco (about ½ part)
- Fresh Basil
- Crushed ice
- Shake or stir together the grapefruit juice, honey or simple syrup, vodka, and Amaro.
- Pour into a glass filled with crushed ice.
- Top with a splash of sparkling Rosé or Prosecco and top with a fresh basil leaf.