Almost Cake – Cherry Almond Bread
A moist, cake like bread flavored with almond and studded with cherries.
By Michelle Keith
There are some flavors that seem to go together so perfectly, and cherries and almond happen to fit into that category. In this sweet, cake-like bread the essence of almond permeates the tender bread and the bright cherries give a burst of fruitiness that accentuates it even more.
cherry almond bread
Author: Michelle @ The Village Cook
Recipe Type: bread
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup cherries- coarsely chopped and patted dry.
- Preheat oven to 400
- Grease a standard size loaf pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar
- Gently fold in the cherries
- In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, milk and extracts.
- Combine the two mixtures, stirring until just moistened.
- Pour into pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Originally Published: August 8, 2011