PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long
Made with almond flour and toasted almonds, these vegan waffles are so flavorful and studded with apricot preserves. Serve with an apricot syrup for a perfectly beautiful breakfast.
Mother’s Day is right around the corner and you should make these sweet, vegan almond waffles and apricot preserves to celebrate.
I used Bonne Maman’s Apricot Preserves in this recipe. Bonne Maman uses the same time honored traditional French recipes to create their preserves and jellies. They are made with all natural ingredients and feature the finest quality fruit. They are non-GMO project verified, no artificial coloring or preservatives added. FYI — Bonne Maman means Grandmother or Granny — I thought that was so apt for this Mother’s day post.
When I was thinking of a sweet breakfast, the first dish that came to my mind was a Waffle. They are perfect to serve for breakfast in bed and they are easy enough to make. I love pancakes and waffles and would love if my family makes them for me.
Since these waffles are Apricot Preserves and Almond Waffles, I stirred in the apricot preserves right into the batter. It provides the necessary sweetness. Also the Bonne Maman apricot preserves give nice chunky, sweet, juicy bites in the waffles.
Almond flour is my latest obsession. It is high in protein and low in carbs — it is good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which is essential for brain and heart health. I’ve started replacing some of the flour in my baked goodies with it and they turn out absolutely delicious.
I also stirred in some lightly toasted sliced almonds into the batter for some texture. These waffles are perfect to serve with apricot syrup that is made with apricot preserves. I love the idea of making syrups with preserves because they are way more interesting and a nice variation to good old maple syrup.
Be sure and check out Bonne Maman’s sweepstakes for a chance to win a 12-piece Le Creuset Cookware Set or 1,000 other prizes that are available! Click below.
For another recipe idea, check out these strawberry muffins.
Click here for the written recipe.
- 2 cups Whole wheat Pastry Flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp Egg replacer whisked into 6 tbsp water (or use 2 large eggs)
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ cup Apricot Preserves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds, lightly toasted (optional)
- ½ cup Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves
- 2 tbsp water
- Whisk flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine oil, egg replacer mixture (or eggs), almond milk, apricot preserves and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until the ingredients are combined. Stir in the sliced almonds, if using. Set aside for 10~15 minutes.
- Preheat the waffle maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions to make waffles. I baked for 3½ minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve hot with some apricot syrup.
- Combine apricot preserves with the water in a small saucepan. Cook for medium heat until the syrup gets to pouring consistency.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.